Get It! is an arcade style game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The goal is simple. Get the items. Avoid the enemies. Collect lots of gems. Reach the highest level possible.
This is the play area. The score board is at the top of the screen. It indicates how many gems and how many lives each player has.
Direction Pad - Controls player movement.
Select - Turns music on/off.
Start - Pause game.
A & B - During two player game, hold down while collecting snowflakes and bombs and also while invincible to attack the other player. Instantly switch between co-op and vs!
Player 1 is the main character.
Player 2 may enter at any time by pressing start on the second controller.
The Purple Blob is dangerous, but not too bright. It wanders around, getting in the way.
The Green Triangle is always on the lookout for you! Keep away!
The Orange Circle's job is to protect the items at all cost. Be patient and you will succeed.
Gem. Get as many as you can!
Ten Gem. Worth ten regular gems.
Feather. Temporarily doubles player speed.
Heart. Worth one extra life.
Snowflake. Freezes enemies in place. Watch out, they thaw fast!
Atom. Grants temporary invincibility.
Bomb. Knocks out all enemies at once.
Key. This is the key to the next level. You must collect all the items before the key will appear.
Safe Zone. This is where both players begin. Neither enemies nor items can enter the safe zone, and neither can you once you leave.
Enemy Spawn Port. Each enemy has its own spawn port. When the light starts to flash, get away fast!
The Tunnel can be used to teleport to the oposite side of the room. Careful, enemies can use it too.
- Don't rush out of the Safe Zone. Wait until the coast is clear.
- Don't just chase after items. Try to predict where they'll bounce and get in front of them.
- Learn to use the Tunnel.
- The Green Triangle and Orange Circle get smarter at higher levels.
- You get an extra life for every 100 gems you collect. You can't have more than 99 lives.
- The Snowflake has no effect on enemies that haven't spawned yet, but the bomb will delay them from spawning.
- Sometimes, if you're lucky, the next item will appear right on top of you and you'll collect it instantly.
- Super Mode is when you have an atom and feather at the same time. While in Super Mode, each additional feather or atom that you collect will prolong the effects of both!
© 2016 Peter J Hopkins